Princess Half 2009

It’s Offical I Finished.. Barely.. Long One

First Let me say I past my test yesterday!!! WooHooo!!! Now I have to get the desk thing down. My manager wants me on my own. But they are giving me 2 more weeks. Reading the Doctor’s handwriting is the hardest part.

OK …… On with business…
We had a fabulous weekend. It was quiet, peaceful, enjoyable,able to recharge to take on the kids when we get home. We left late on Friday. For some weird reason the rental we tried to get,was set for Saturday pick up. What?? So we ended up driving my Mustang. I love that car. We arrived around 10:30p. It was very chilly.
Saturday morning we set out to Magic Kingdom to head out to the Bakery for breakfast. Yum!!! To me they have to best coffee. While there we were chatting back and forth with Kate, Amanda, And Fiona. I found out Byran was there for the weekend for his birthday. We headed over and rode the people mover. Construction going on. At first I thought they were working on COP. Now I have not listened to ant of the podcast lately, so forgive me if I don’t know what they are building.

Then from here we headed out to the Expo. The expo was so calm and easy compare to the Jan. one. In out and done. That easy. They had all kinds of neat stuff again and some new stuff and they had the medals up again. This time they had the Coast to Coast. It is Awesome, and heavy. So is the Disneyland one. I look and E and said ” what if It were just me to fly out to DL and do the race?” He smiled and said that sounds alot more doable. SO I may begetting to go to DL after all. 🙂
I bought a Princess pin at the ESPN store cheaper than it was online. I saw a sticker I had to get. It is a large penguin with a bib on and it says “waddle on” I love it. I got one.
As we were walking around there was this lady sitting at this table, I wasn’t going to stop but the photo caught my eye. She was on a tri bike. I stopped and spoke to her. Her name is Sarah and she was in Beijing. I got to meet and Olympian!!! Holy Cats!!!! How cool!!! I asked her all kinds of questions and She singed and photo and she took her picture with me. And I closed my eyes!!!

After that we headed over to AK to meet Amanda. She is a great person and I am so glad we were able to meet and hang out. We also met up with Fiona and her Mum.

They are really neat too. They went on there way. Kate had made a adr over at 50’s, They didn’t come since they had one for the next day. So we all headed out to HS and meet up with Kate. We had so much fun at dinner.
Then we went with Kate to American Idol experience. I thought it was good so did E. I really thought it was going to be corny. Then after that we all went our separate ways and we went to DTD and got a rice crispy treat. It is my very last one till I get to go back.

Went back to the room set out my clothes and got ready,and set every alarm in the room. I was worried that the phone clocks wouldn’t turn ahead and I would miss the race.

Ya know how you get this gut feeling something is going to go wrong, I had that, and I couldn’t shake it.

The alarms went without missing the change in time. We traveled to the start line. E walked in with me and we meet up with Fiona and her Mum, then Kate, and Amanda.

We just stood around waiting. Used the restrooms. Headed to the corrals at 6a. E headed over to the MK.

Kate and Fiona were in corral A me and Amanda were in C. When we walked in we ended up in B. I couldn’t see the start line from where we were. And when I looked behind me all you can see is a sea of people. Holy Cats is all I could say. I had a little camera on me.{haven’t developed it yet} I didn’t bring my Garmin and I couldn’t get the run keeper to work the entire time So I had no clue what my time was. There were only two wheel chairs in this one. And they went off first. 5 minutes later it was us. It took almost 15 minutes again to get to the start line. I was so excited. I am crossing the start line of my second Half at Disney!!! Amanda was off, she looked back and I smiles and said do your pace!!! And that was the last time I saw her.

I didn’t wear my under armour, it was cool but not cold. I was able to get into my pace and go. It was funny seeing all these people dressed in Princess dresses or like a frog, or like “what was that” haha. It wasn’t as crowded as Jan. either. By mile one there is a drum line and music playing corny music, and then the character stops started. I didn’t stop. The moon was awesome. Mile 2 went by, Mile 3, and then all of a sudden, hear are the runners screaming and I can see lights on a truck, Here comes the first wheel chair. Holy Cats!! I took her picture.

Not even 5 minutes later, here comes the first man runner I took his picture.

It looked like the guy who always comes in first.
By mile 4, Here come the top 3 women. WOW!!! That is all I could think. I waved at the FHP and here we come up on the entrance to parking for MK. Instead of going through it like in the half in Jan. went to the left of it. By now I had to stop and use the restroom, and I had my first gel, and started to drink my my energy water. I had to walk here too. The humidity was so thick, my breathing was a bit off. Here we come up on mile 5 and headed by space mountain to turn in to the MK.

Out of the blue this lady slams into me, I loose my balance, and stumble, but I didn’t fall. I turned to her and said, “WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!!” She never looked at me, she just hung on to the cones, and I kept going. Here we go into the MK!!! Woooo Hoooo! I was so excited I was crying and thinking I made it again!!! I had to gain control or I would have been walking. Now I am looking for E. HE said he would be near Walt, I briefly saw the Team Voice shirt and again I started to cry. I was so happy to see him.

I took his picture. Then around the park we go, and I had to walk again to gain control of myself. Here we come up on the castle. Minne and Mickey were there in their royal outfits how COOL!!!
Then all of a sudden I hear the triumphs play!! Sweet!!! And then I entered the castle and then all of a sudden my calf starts screaming. My left one. The side were the lady slammed into me, and I see E again and pointed to my leg. I had to slow down. All the characters, there seemed to be alot more this time in Frontier land. And remember where the Pirates were, Donald and Daisy were there with a new float and they were dressed in their royal outfits. The maintenance guys were out there dancing to the disco music, it was so funny. Man my leg is killing me. And my right foot is starting to hurt. So now I went from slow to walking. I am behind the scenes headed out back to World Drive. So here is where I ate my bar and tried to figure out what was going on with my feet and calves. I was enjoying the view and reading the trivia, and more characters. It seems this race had way more.
Coming up an mile 8 I tried speeding up again. I did I went for about a mile. And on my left I hear OMG Team Voice!!! I love Team Voice!!! I saw the guy in the MK and I am aatm And she said her number and her name is Megan. She went on how when you google her name it comes up on the aatm list. And then I told her my name and OMG!! Your Rae!!! Everyone is going to be jealous. I love you guys and how you helped Johnathan. I didn’t know what to say other than Thank you and I am glad you are apart of the Team. Then she fell back. I am sorry if I didn’t get the entire conversation, My calves were killing me.

I had to slow down again. I text E and said they hurt, and Mile 9. He texted back and he will be where We saw Lou coming back in to Epcot. It is now hot and the runners are slowing down. I mean hot; no clouds to hide the sun. The pavement was really hot. Mile 10, my right calf muscle is tightening up when I speed up and when I slow down my right knee is is in pain. I can’t bend it or straighten it. I knew that lady hit me hard, but I didn’t realize how hard. I text E again, mile 11, and there is a med tent, Should I stop I was thinking. I was thinking how great it would be to get off my feet. I past it. I am at a walking pace that kept my right calf from tightening up, but yet my knee was on fire, and the bottom of my right foot felt like I was walking on a ball. I told myself that I only had to go 2 more miles. Here comes the last bridge I texted E And he said he could see me. I started to cry. It was so reassuring to know that. I could see his shirt. There is Spaceship Earth big as day, and a lady started screaming Yay!!! Epcot!!!! I was in so much pain I couldn’t enjoy her excitement. I got close to E and yelled my knee is hurting and entered Epcot. Last mile I thought… I am almost done. There is no way I made better time. I knew was on the really slow side. The fountain had a wall around it and the crowd was yelling and the CM’s and All I could think was E is there waiting. Mile 13 Wooo Hooo I didn’t even stop to take my picture, a band was playing, and I rounded that corner and there is the finish line. I got excited and I do not know where it came from I pushed and crossed it!!

I was limping. I couldn’t even pick my foot up for them to clip off the chip. The medics ask if I was ok, I said I was fine { what the hell was I thinking}, I got my medal{ people were saying they ran out of medals out on the run}, and I got my drink, and fruit , picture and I made it to E!!!

I was so relieved. E wasn’t sure about my time either. We started walking out and I said ya know I think I need ice. So I went to the medical tent. And showed them what was hurting, and they wrapped my right leg in ice. My knee to my ankle. My left arm was sore from where the lady slammed into me. My entire left side was sore. And the bottom of my right foot.

BTW the wait time on Soarin was 10 minutes. E looked at me like I was nuts. We sat out front of the entrance to Epcot, while the ice did its job. Then I heard this noise, Smack and a thud. I looked up and a lady passed out in the security check point. Her husband is yelling I am a doctor she will be fine. FINE!!! She just passed out. He sat her up, I am yelling, “head between your knees!!! Were is ems?!!!” When you pass out, that is caused from no o2 to the brain. Some Doctor.
HE REFUSED HELP. AND A WHEEL CHAIR!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! AT this point E is telling me to keep walking, I said NO! She needs help! They refused the Disney official said, but they would take control regardless of what he said. Some Doctor you are!!! Keep walking E said. The lady got up unsteady and she was crossed eyed!!! OMG!! She needs treatment!! LOOK AT HER!!! At this point E is dragging me away. I do not know what happen after the man dragged her up the monorail ramp. But she really needed medical help.
I hobbled over to Soarin. Now it is 30 minutes. It was shorter. E made my recovery drink, and I know I should have went back to my room. But I will not be back till next year!!!
Then we went to MK for lunch, yes I am still on my sore legs and screaming in pain knee. We did a walk up to the plaza. { i am still in all my running gear, bib and all and I don’t care if I smell} lol Here comes one of the MK towns people. She was so cute. She tried to get me to dance with her, I could hardly move and she made a big deal over the medal and she was loud!!! LOL
We get seated and it is nice and quiet small no characters, and nice. I got this nice soft comfortable seat. Then the Cm who seated us came back in and said we have a special guest today{oh yeah this is going to be cool} And today we have seated our 100th guest. Sweet !!! I got the camera out to take their picture. Then it hit me{we were the last ones seated} I looked at E and he was smiling looking around and then they Called our Name!!! {oh nooooo} Emma went crazy the Town lady!!! She ran over to us and just went silly. E said My face was funny. {i cant get up i am hurting to much} She didn’t make me get up but it was fun. We got a free dessert out of it. The food was great!!!

At this point, I wanted so bad to ride Pirates but my legs were not going to carry me, I finally agreed to go. E was looking so forward to go to the water park, we couldn’t. Cause of me. I felt so bad.
We headed back to the car, rode the tram out to the parking lot. Realizing the car is still over near the finish line. No tram out there.{great I have to walk to Explorer} They saw me limping and stopping, but no one offered to help. There was my car, all alone, waaayy out there! I made it. While we were in the car I just remembered that I had put pads in my shoes for cushion to help my feet. I didn’t do anything different but put those in my shoes. There is where alot of my problem was; and that lady slamming into me. I only had 150 miles on those shoes. Nothing is broke, just really sore, and my feet were swollen. The bottom of my right one had a knot on it. Yesterday at work was rough. But I made it. Today is better, no swelling, and the knot on my foot is gone. E doesn’t want me to do the duathlon in 2 weeks. We will see.

Oh yeah my official time was 3:15:29. Not as bad as I thought it was. I don’t care I finished.

Posted by Rae! at 08:35

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.